- Talk to your nearest and dearest—it can really help.
- Don’t feel guilty or embarrassed.
- Keep active if you can, it’s good for you and baby.
- Try and rest when needed.
- Set aside some “me time” at least once a day. Maybe with a warm bath or a podcast on a walk?
- Ask your loved ones for practical help. Cooking, shopping, taking care of kids, whatever helps take a load off.
- Meet up with people in the same boat. Ask your healthcare provider or midwife for forums or local groups.
- Take a break from coffee breaks. There’s a recommended limit to caffeine during pregnancy.
- Eat well. Proper nutrition is essential. Now, more than ever.
- Make time for self-care. Try complementary therapies like relaxation massage or meditation. Mindfulness apps are helpful.
- Have a go at simple breathing exercises for stress.
- Plan ahead. Writing down small steps each week can help you get back in control.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed about the prospect of becoming a parent, have a look at our checklist to help you emotionally prepare.
- Turn to your healthcare provider if you need more support.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.