Throughout your pregnancy, you will hear a lot about the importance of nutritious and balanced meals and the role they play in maintaining your health and that of your unborn baby.
However, paying attention to the quality of your meals and eating healthy should not be limited to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here are some delicious ideas for healthy snacks, too:
- Make homemade granola bars, enrich them with seeds, dried fruits, peanut butter or any other type of butternuts, and have them as an energy-boosting snack.
- Eat your favorite kinds of fresh vegetables, like carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, or cabbage with some warm pita bread, and dip them in hummus or any other kind of dipping sauce that you can prepare yourself with grilled green peppers, boiled white beans, olive oil, garlic and salt.
- Enjoy preparing your favorite kind of smoothies. You can mix fruits and vegetables together for a delicious taste, for example frozen blueberries or strawberries with spinach or carrots, soy milk or regular milk or any other juice that you like. Do not forget to add some flavor with a little honey or maple syrup.
- Drink a cup of low-fat milk with a handful of whole wheat or granola breakfast cereals and some fresh fruits, for a nutritious high-fiber snack. If you want, you can replace breakfast cereals with roasted or raw nuts.
- In a small bowl, mix a handful of nuts with some dried fruits and dark chocolate chips that are rich in iron, fiber and minerals, and enjoy them as a nutritious energy-boosting snack.
- Slice some sweet potatoes, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over them, then put them in the oven. The end result will be deliciously crunchy and low in fat.
We hope you liked this list of healthy snacks and got inspired to create various recipes that satisfy your pregnancy cravings!
Read More: Is Honey Safe During Pregnancy?
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.