Some women get pregnant easy-peasy; others spend months and even years trying to have a baby.
Factors like daily lifestyle and menstrual periods can be severe enough to affect some women’s odds of conceiving.
For this category of women and for you,, if you’re one of those who wonder, “How can I increase my chances of conceiving?”, this list of instructions to help you boost your fertility and increase your odds of getting pregnant. Read on!
- Check your weight. If your BMI falls above the normal or healthy weight range, try to lose the extra kilos and help your body eliminate the excess of estrogen which can negatively affect your ability to conceive. If your BMI falls below the healthy range, make sure to increase your weight so it won’t affect your menstrual cycle or cause it to stop.
- Ask your doctor about dietary supplements you can regularly take to increase your chances of getting pregnant and prevent you from preterm birth.
- Keep yourself away from discomforts and stressful situations affecting your odds of getting pregnant. If you want, you can rely on massage and yoga sessions to help you out.
- Enrich your healthy balanced diet with non-heme protein sources like nuts and legumes. These types of food can reduce by 50% your infertility risks caused by ovulation problems.
- Cut back your daily intake of coffee and other caffeine sources which can reduce the activity of the fallopian tube muscles carrying the eggs from the ovaries to the uterus.
- Avoid high saturated fat-containing foods and reduce your risk of preeclampsia, miscarriage and fertility disorders.
- Make sure you’re drinking enough water every day. Water is quite effective in triggering the ovaries and increasing the blood flow to the uterine wall.
- Exercise regularly yet in moderation; heavy workouts can negatively affect your fertility levels.
- Grab every chance you get to feel closer to your husband and engage in sexual activity that will increase your chances of achieving conception.
In addition to these steps, encourage your husband to get rid of bad habits and have a healthier lifestyle. Your chances of getting pregnant depend on his healthy sperms too!
Read More: Common Causes For Not Getting Pregnant
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.