During pregnancy, your body relies on water and other healthy drinks you regularly consume, to perform its additional vital functions; not having enough of these fluids can negatively affect you and your developing baby.
So, how to keep yourself well-hydrated? Read on for more details.
- Meet your fluid daily intake by drinking around 8 to 12 glasses of water, at regular intervals every day.
- If you find trouble accepting water, try to infuse it with slices of your favorite fruits or replace it from time to time with low-fat milk, lemonade, smoothies, soups and fresh juices.
- Enrich your diet with water-based foods, like raw fruits and veggies, including watermelon, grapes, kale and cucumbers.
- Avoid caffeinated foods and beverages known for increasing urine flow.
- Get into the habit of drinking coconut water, which is recognized as the best nutritious refreshing drink for the body.
- Drink water after each trip to the restroom, as well as before and after workouts.
- Wear lightweight cotton clothing to get control of your sweating, and the amount of fluid you lose.
- Try your best to stay at home between noon and three in the afternoon; this period of time is the hottest of the day. It can overheat your body and make you lose extra amounts of fluid.
Those were our simple yet effective tips to increase daily water intake and keep dehydration at bay, make sure to follow them through to stay hydrated, for a healthy happy pregnancy!
Read More: Metabolic Changes In Pregnancy
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.