- Think about where to have a baby shower. A cozy get-together at home? Or hiring a hall or restaurant?
- Maybe your best friends could help arrange it. You have lots of other things to think about.
- What’s your budget? You’ll need to save some money for when baby gets here.
- Consider who you’re inviting. A traditional all-female group? Or a general mixture of friends and family?
- Try to pick a day that’s not too close to the baby’s due date. You’ll need to have your feet up nearer the time.
- Why not create an online gift registry? In case people ask what you would like for baby.
- Think of a theme: whether it’s outrageous or sophisticated—themes are fun.
- Consider whether the sex of the baby is relevant to the theme.
- Consider a spa day if games and cake aren’t your thing.
- Send out your invitations with date, time, and address, and a clear RSVP deadline. If there’s a theme or a wish list, include these too.
- Confirm the guest numbers with your venue.
- Balloons, decorations, paper plates, plastic knives and forks. Buy what you need to suit your theme.
- Buy a cake or cupcakes.
- Buy baby shower favors and game prizes.
- Consider getting a photographer or ask someone to take lots of photos.
- Choose a fun mix of baby-themed party games.
- Set up the baby shower decorations in good time—you’ll definitely need someone else’s help for this.
- Choose an area for gifts to be placed.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.