IMPORTANT NOTICE: The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months and continued breastfeeding for as long as possible. Growing up milks are formulated to meet nutrition needs of healthy young children older than 1 year and should not be fed to infants.
Who’s better than mothers to teach children about the world and what’s in the there and spend some pleasant and fun time with them? Who’s better than mothers to teach children about the importance of family bonds, energy and activities? That’s true, a mother is a child’s mirror to the world and the activities mentioned throughout this article are just suggestions you may want to add to your toddler’s daily schedule.
These activities do not require much time, preparation or equipments. So, it’s easy for you to add them to your daily routine, especially that they won’t only give your kid moments of fun but they will also stimulate his growth and improve his vision, his hearing, as well as his social, communication and motor capacities.
Let us take a look at these activities:
- Play with your child chasing games and let him run after you while you put around your waist a long scarf which he can pull once he catches you.
- Play kids’ music songs and encourage your toddler to dance, applaud and make specific movements and steps with each song.
- Head with your kid to the backyard and play together with the ball or blow some soap bubbles and let your bundle of joy chase them and enjoy his time.
- Take your toddler to the park nearby so he can swing, slide and play with other games around.
- Involve your child in gathering photo cards, attaching them to each other in order to make a touch-and-feel book where you can paste things of different textures, like soft fabrics, harsh sanding papers, animal feathers, etc. This book could be the best way to indirectly introduce your little child to different textures!
- Make puppets for your child out of old toys, socks or paper bags where you draw a face on. Let them talk with different sounds and live a story directed by your imagination. Then invite your kid to share with you the events of that story.
Now that you got introduced to the best known activities for toddlers, we advise you to put all your efforts to apply them or get inspired from. They will certainly help you reserve some time for just you and your child, and thus influence his overall growth and life on the long run!
Read More: How To Get Your Toddler To Be More Active?
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.