- Ask about the standard antenatal tests—what are they and what do they look for?
- Ask if there are any other tests that may be relevant based on your age and medical/genetic history.
- Ask when the antenatal tests will be carried out. See our checklist of Questions to ask at your 12-week scan, when you get there.
- Ask how the antenatal tests are carried out.
- Ask if it’s OK to bring someone for support.
- Ask how long the results take to come back.
- Ask about the level of accuracy of each antenatal test—it can vary.
- Ask for support or therapy if you need someone to talk to.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.