IMPORTANT NOTICE: The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months and continued breastfeeding for as long as possible. Growing up milks are formulated to meet nutrition needs of healthy young children older than 1 year and should not be fed to infants.
To help your kid get through childhood with a healthier and stronger immune system, you have to go by the immunization schedule required for each age group, for vaccines can help your child’s immune system identify harmful organisms that may cause him infections, and attack them in order to stop their spread that would make him sick.
And between one vaccine and another, you can work on improving your child’s immunity and help him fight all types of germs by just following these simple practices:
- Enrich your child’s diet with a variety of fruits and vegetables that are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants or natural chemicals known to fight diseases and expel them from the body, such as Vitamin C.
- Enrich your child’s daily intake with Zinc that is available in eggs, poultry, red meat and whole wheat products, and can help your child’s little body fight infections, viruses, diarrhea and pneumonia, according to studies.
- Offer your kid live-cultured foods or foods with good bacteria like yogurt and kefir, as this kind of bacteria can help him deal with respiratory difficulties, eczema, diarrhea, food allergy and stomach pain.
- Do not offer sweets and other high-sugar foods to your child except for small amounts, in order to avoid their negative effects on his immune system and its capacity to fight infections and diseases.
- Make sure that your kid is getting enough sleep each day (which is equivalent to 12 hours at night and one daytime nap). According to health experts, sleep helps the immune system regulate itself and fight diseases.
- Encourage your child to move and practice physical activities appropriate to his age, such as playing with ball and dancing to music. Being active can directly affect the immune system and increase the number of its white cells known for their capacity to fight infections.
- Make it easy on your child if he shows signs of stress and anxiety for any reason or circumstance whatsoever, so that they won’t affect his health and immunity on the long term.
Those were the most effective instructions for children having a stronger immune system, just follow them and your little one will be in a good health and his immune system will always be the strongest on infections and diseases!
Read More: Importance Of Iron In Babies’ Dietary System
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.