IMPORTANT NOTICE: The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months and continued breastfeeding for as long as possible. Growing up milks are formulated to meet nutrition needs of healthy young children older than 1 year and should not be fed to infants.
Without a question, eating the natural way, cooking and home-preparing meals are quite more beneficial than buying and consuming commercial junk food. But, with our busy way of life, almost all mothers are in a state of non-stop conflict with time and the result is: depriving children from nutritious healthy food.
But, who says that shortage of time with little organization doesn’t allow you to prepare nutritious food? That’s true, just a bit of organization for this bunch of benefits:
- Home cooking allows you to have control over the types and quality of ingredients you want to add to your child’s dishes, as well as the level of hygiene associated with their preparation.
- Cooking at home allows you to adjust your child’s recipes and meals depending on his preferences or health condition, especially if he suffers from allergy to any type of food.
- Home cooking gives you the priority to choose the types of food with little or no gluten at all, if your child finds it difficult to digest and absorb this protein.
- Cooking at home allows you to determine the amount of fats, salt and sugar you want to add to your kid’s meals.
- Home cooking gives you the chance to clean the food you buy from the grocery store in a healthy appropriate way.
- Cooking at home allows you to supervise meat and poultry cooking and avoid diseases and problems triggered by raw or undercooked food.
- Home cooking allows you to control the quantity of food you want to offer your toddler per serving.
- Home cooking accustoms your child to the texture of healthy food and the taste of fruits and veggies that kids today don’t love.
- Cooking at home is a great way to spend nice moments with your child and involve him into food preparations depending on his age and capacities.
The world today is going crazy, yet don’t let your child’s nutrition go the same way and do your best to devote some time for home cooking and family meals!
Read More: 10 Healthy Snacks For Young Children
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?؟
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.