- Break exercise up into small chunks of time. Even ten minutes a day is a great start.
- Check out apps and online videos for short exercise routines you can squeeze in whenever suits you.
- Walk or cycle whenever you can to build exercise into your daily routine.
- Do squats while you’re picking up toys.
- Do calf raises while you’re chopping veg.
- Walk up and down escalators and avoid elevators.
- Join in during playtime, there’s nothing like a game of tag to get your heartrate going.
- Check if your local gym offers childcare or a creche—many do.
- Go for buggy walks with other parents and catch up while you get your steps up. Choose hilly areas for a more intense work-out.
- Participate in a mom and toddler workout by incorporating your baby into your exercises.
- Find toddler exercise videos on YouTube for you both to try.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.