IMPORTANT NOTICE: The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months and continued breastfeeding for as long as possible. Growing up milks are formulated to meet nutrition needs of healthy young children older than 1 year and should not be fed to infants.
Just like any other toddler, your child hates to sit in one place and focus on one chore for a long period of time. Yet, it is still your responsibility to develop his ability to pay attention and focus, as that’s an important life skill for the future.
That said, we advise you to gradually build your child’s capacity to focus by involving him in games and activities for kids that require a few minutes of concentration. Here are some examples to try out!
- Select fun books and read them aloud to your little one. While reading, try to keep your child focused and interested by imitating the characters through your voice and changing your facial expressions and body language.
- Introduce your child to craft activities, which are an excellent way to encourage kids to get rid of frustration and develop coordination, concentration and problem-solving skills. Here are some top trends: drawing, coloring and dough playing.
- Choose memory games appropriate to your child’s age, and make sure you play with him so he enjoys his time and develops his capacity to concentrate over time.
- Buy your child fun toys like bubble blowers, whistles and harmonicas to help him improve his breathing capacity, especially if he has trouble concentrating either because his respiration is too shallow or because he doesn’t breathe properly.
- Let your toddler join you in the kitchen. Give him two big bowls. Fill half of the first bowl with flour and then teach your child how he can use a plastic cup to transfer the flour from one bowl to the other. Let your child repeat the process as long as he’s interested.
- Give your toddler the chance to play open-ended games and activities.
If you want your child to get maximum benefits from these activities, we advise you to offer him a healthy lifestyle based on well-balanced food, enough deep sleep and physical activity.
Read More: Benefits Of Family Time On Children
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.