- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60mL) water
- 150g beef mince
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, extra
- ½ small carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley Spray oil for cooking
- 1/3 cup (30g) small pasta
Step by step
45 minsTime total
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add onion, cook 2 minutes or until just tender; add tomatoes and water; bring to the boil; simmer 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine mince, extra onion, carrot and parsley in a small bowl; mix well; shape into nine mini meatballs; heat a medium frying pan over high heat; spray with oil; add meatballs, cook just until well browned.
Add meatballs to sauce; simmer a further 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain; serve with 3 meatballs and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Remaining sauce and meatballs can be divided in half and frozen for later use.
- Sauce makes 3 serves; for each serve, cook 1/3 cup (30g) small pasta.
- Add ½ cup (60g) frozen peas to sauce when the meatballs are added.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.