- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium (240g) carrots, chopped
- ¾ cup (90g) finely chopped celery
- 1 medium (200g) potato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken or vegetable stock
- ¾ cup (135g) small macaroni
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- Grated parmesan, to serve, if desired
Step by step
45 minsTime total
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat; add onion, carrot and celery; cook 4 minutes or until just tender; add potato and garlic; cook 1 minute; add tomatoes and stock; bring to the boil; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add macaroni and beans; simmer 8-10 minutes or until macaroni is cooked. Serve with parmesan, if desired
TIP: For younger babies, simply process in a blender to required consistency. Minestrone can be frozen in small portions for baby for later use.
Get full access to expert-backed nutrition support
Curated content based on your preferences
Learn about various feeding options and what each means for you and your baby
Tailored Practical Tools
Try our tailored practical tools to guide you through the parenting journey.
My First 1000 Days club
Customised notifications, reminders and newsletters
Still haven't found what you are looking for?
Try our new smart question engine. We'll always have something for you.